generisk haridra plant
1. I quit sugar period (that means fruit, too). Google “The Candida Diet”.
2. I drank the teas and took the herbs mentioned in this blog and other blogs: American Saffron, Slippery Elm Bark, Red Ginseng.
3. I quit Caffeine and Alcohol. Hard! However, this was much less painful by taking L-Theanine daily. I took it mornings to remove anxiety and at night to go out on dates and socialize and still feel relaxed without drinking. The brands I tried:
-Lucid Lumin SunTheanine.
-Whole Foods SunTheanine.
-Sports Nutrition SunTheanine
L-Theanine does not do a thing for psoriasis. However, it does wonders for your mental state and sense of calmness and wellness while going through the healing process.
4. I did a 15 day raw juice fast (I did do some sugar here: Carrots and Apples in the Juice). OK it only made it 14 days but it still helped.
5. Three Colon Hydro-therapy Sessions. Not a fan of these but after seeing what comes out I will probably do this annually from here on out.
6. For my junk: The junk seemed to be the slowest responder to all the above work I was doing. I was getting frustrated as I was newly single and with strange new patches of psoriasis on my unit that I did not want to explain. The other patches were clearing up but not the junk. So I took a chance and bought – off ebay – the following UVB Wand: “Kernel KN-4003B UV Photo Therapy”
I used it 3 to five times a week. Pointing that thing at my junk for over 3 minutes would burn my poor unit. So do NOT keep this wand pointed at any part of your skin for more than a few minutes. Wear the protective glasses that come with it. When you first start out only use the wand for 1 minute or even less, and work up to 3 (ish) minutes over the first week. I once went 3 minutes and 30 seconds but it was too painful the next day – (UVBs) are designed to burn.
Do all the above and you will be clear in a month or two (or three).
I will probably not be back here because, well, it’s clear now! But this blog post and comments section was read by me a few times since July so I appreciate it Jack, and all the other commenters, for providing tips and hope on path to recovery.
You can do this. You got this. Onward and upward people.
Awesome stuff Wayne and super dedication. I’m also a fan of l-theanine, as well as sulbutiamine, for their calming affects. Thanks for coming back and sharing your success!
i deleted sugar caffeine fruits and bread meat alcohol for 50 days it has improved became pink faded but still it shines when i have sex. please where can we find l theanine is this available as tablets?
Thanks for this post, Jack, because I have never known another guy who had this like I do and I have told a couple friends but they can’t really know what it is like (one said it was just ‘moss on the tree’.) So it means a lot just to know others have to face this.
I have found that cotton boxers are best. Any tight underwear, even if cotton, makes it worse when it flares up. I first got it on the penis & sac about 20 years ago. It eased up but came back, not always in the same place. Now it is in the same places but flares up and winds down. I can’t figure out a pattern, but trying out different soaps and avoiding others has helped. Worst place for cracking in painful way is the angle where wang tends to hang regularly. Also have found using lotion that contains dead sea salt has helped. Avoid beating off if I must (short a time as possible) or, try different approaches.
Hey everybody, use Protopic 0.1% ointment for psoriasis on the penis. It takes about a week to clear it up, two if it’s on the head of the penis, but it It clears it up every single time. It works really well in thin skin areas.
Has any tried putting zinc oxide cream on it? The kind they sell for diaper rash.
What is the result please
Hi, I’ve this problem for 8/9 years now, I did struggle to treat it at first, I was prescribed creams way too strong by a US based GP but now after a visit to a UK doctor lady, she asked me to use doublebase dayleve gel as a twice daily precaution and after using the gel to medicate it with curatoderm, it clears in a couple of days, my best advice so far.
I have had psoriasis on my penis for about 20 years and have never looked for information on the internet about it before. Thank you for this blog.
I am able to control the surface irritations pretty well. However, I feel it “deeper”. By this I mean that I feel like my sensitivity has been diminished and that the psoriasis is almost lurking under the skin. As a consequence it takes me longer to orgasm. Does this description sound familiar to anyone?
Masterbate less, eat healthier, drink less alcohol.
Use organic cold pressed coconut oil for a moisturizer or even to rub one out.
For the occasional bad flare up, try protopic… But only when necessary.
This is what I found most useful.
Hey guys I have been dealing with this issue for 7 years now. It also reaches my butt hole curing fishers OMG the pain. Now after this summer it has gotten worse it has now attacked my sack as well super itchy and driving me crazy. The wife can’t even begin to imagine what I’m going through and thinks I blow it out of proportion. Any helpful tips on diet of creams I may have not tried. I normally managed with the pain using steroid creams but now the spread to my sack has just gone beyond what I can deal with it feels like there’s no hope.
I’ve suffered from mild to medium penile psoriasis for about 15 years. I’ve largely got the situation under control – but I’m managing the problem rather than curing it. Here’s what I’ve learned and what works for me:
– Take care of your penis before it’s too late! For years I dry masturbated, washed under the foreskin with soaps and didn’t rinse after sex/masturbation.
– Get the diagnosis right. For a number of years I thought I was suffering from thrush and tried to treat it with anti-fungal creams. What’s added confusion to my situation is that I do also occasionally get jock itch around my groin, which is a fungal infection.
– Don’t wash the head with soap, just use tepid water. I think one of the reasons why psoriasis occurs is an imbalance in the penis’ natural ecosystem of bacteria and therefore its ability to ‘take care of itself’. Soap kills the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria. I’ve also surmised that my mistaken use of anti-fungal creams probably didn’t help my ecosystem.
– I make sure that I shake out all lose drops after urination and use toilet paper to make sure there’s no dripping, as urine seems to agitate the situation.
– I moisturise regularly with this – http://www.neutrogena.co.uk/product/hand-cream/norwegian-formula-unscented-hand-cream. I’ve tried a few moisturisers and this one works the best for me. I moisturise after urination and ejaculation (once clean).
– If I get a flair up I will use 1% hydrocortisone cream to bring it back under control. I’m pretty paranoid about using this due to skin thinning so I never use it more than 3 days in a row and no more than twice a day.
– After applying the hydrocortisone it seems to be particularly effective if I apply the Neutrogena cream about 3 hours afterwards – i.e. I give the hydrocortisone ‘something to work with’.
– I find it flairs up most after sex or masturbation, but only if ejaculate. I have a theory that some sort of (protein?) allergy might be at play as pre-cum also seems to affect the psoriasis. My other theory is that it’s the heat and/or blood that flows to the area.
– I’ve significantly reduced the amount I masturbate, but when I do I use this as lubrication http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-2841-Waitrose+baby+bottom+butter. Before I discovered the Neutrogena hand cream, I used this as my primary moisturiser. It doesn’t absorb as well as the hand cream, but that’s a benefit in this context
– After ejaculatory sex or masturbation I rinse the area thoroughly with tepid water – making sure that any ‘aftermath’ is also washed away. It’s then essential to apply the Neutrogena cream. If I know I’m going to have sex again the next day and I need to ‘look my best’, I will sometimes apply hydrocortisone instead of the Neutrogena
– Using a condom during sex reduces the post-sex reaction. I use latex-free Skyn condoms
– Rounding all this up, factors that seem to contribute to flair ups are – heat, friction, urine, semen, soaps and also excessive alcohol
– All the above comes with a massive disclaimer – I am not a doctor nor dermatologist nor have I ever been to a doctor or dermatologist about my psoriasis. Stupid I know, but hey I’m a bloke.
@Jon – also to add to my second point about diagnosis – be careful as steroid creams make fungal infections worse.
Patienter med eksem har ved kliniske forsøg opnået store forbedringer i deres sygdomsbillede ved at tage tilskud af GLA. Andreassi og hans kolleger ved University of Italy satte sig for at påvise effekten af at anvende GLA fra boragoolie til behandling af eksem. Deres resultater blev offentliggjort i Journal of International Medical Research i 1997.
I alt 60 patienter (fordelt på 30 mænd og 30 kvinder), der alle led af eksem, deltog i undersøgelsen, som strakte sig over 12 uger. Halvdelen af forsøgspersonerne fik 274 mg GLA to gange dagligt (i form af 1-2 1.000 mg bløde kapsler indeholdende boragoolie to gange dagligt), mens den anden halvdel fik et placebopræparat. Symptomer blev vurderet såvel af en dermatolog som af forsøgsdeltagerne selv hver 4. uge. Hos de patienter, der fik GLA-tilskuddet, kunne man notere gradvise og betydelige forbedringer i kløe, inflammation, dannelse af blæner og omfanget af væskende eksemområder sammenlignet med kontrolgruppen. Hos nogle lå denne forbedring på helt op til 90% efter behandling med boragoolie.
De patienter, som fik GLA-tilskuddet, var i stand til at nedsætte deres forbrug af antihistamin og steroidpræparater med 73%, antibiotika med 80% og steroide hudpræparater med 50%. Forskerne konkluderede, at GLA-tilskud i form af boragoolie er effektivt til behandling af eksem, og at de største forbedringer indtræffer efter 6-12 uger. Boragoolie har ingen af de bivirkninger, der normalt ses ved antihistamin-behandling.
Boragoolie: forbedring af effektiviteten
Også andre undersøgelser har påvist boragooliens virkning, uskadelighed og anvendelighed over for eksemtilstande. 28 japanske eksempatienter blev behandlet med boragoolie i en dosis på 180 mg pr. dag i henholdsvis 4, 8, 12 og 16 uger. Boragoolietilskuddet reducerede omfanget af patienternes symptomer i stigende grad, jo længere tid behandlingen stod på. Efter henholdsvis 8 og 12 ugers behandling kunne forskerne notere sig en mindskelse på 52,7% og 63,2% i omfanget af symptomerne. Den største fremgang kunne ses hos de patienter, som havde de mest udtalte symptomer (kløe, skællet hud og rødt udslæt).
Man kunne ikke påvise bivirkninger af betydning ved boragooliebehandlingen. Ifølge forskernes konklusion tyder deres resultater på, at boragoolie er et effektivt og uskadeligt middel til behandling af eksem i kombination med traditionelle lægemidler.
Boragoolie beskytter moden hud
Ifølge resultater, som blev offentliggjort i Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics i 2002, har forskere undersøgt virkningen af boragoolie-tilskud på 29 sunde, ældre personer med henblik på at slå fast, hvordan olien indvirker på hudens "barriere"-funktion, dens indhold af vand og dens fedtsyrestofskifte. Undersøgelsens deltagere fik en daglig dosis på enten 360 eller 720 mg GLA (2-3 bløde kapsler med 1.000 mg boragoolie i hver) i to måneder. Hudens barrierefunktion forbedredes med 10,8%, væsketabet gennem huden blev betydeligt reduceret, og væskeindholdet i stratum corneum (det yderste hudlag) øgedes en lille smule. 34% af deltagerne led af kløe inden behandlingen, men ingen meldte om disse symptomer efter behandlingens afslutning. En øget mængde GLA og DGLA (et GLA-derivat) fra boragoolie kunne spores i cellemembranerne samtidig med, at man kunne påvise en tilsvarende nedgang i mængden af mættede, enkeltumættede og omega-9 fedtsyrer.
Denne forøgelse af hudens evne til at holde på væsken kan desuden være medvirkende til at modgå den forringelse af hudens evne til at fungere som barriere mod mikroorganismer, som sker ved ældning og som følge af, at man kradser på hudområder med kløe. Som undersøgelsen viser, kan boragoolie modvirke den kløe, som hyppigt forekommer hos raske, ældre personer - selv personer, der ikke lider af nogen form for hudsygdom. Man mener derfor, at hvis tilskud af boragoolie kan fjerne kløen, vil der ikke opstå sår som følge af kradsen - og dermed vil hudens barrierefunktion forblive intakt.